Archived San Francisco Municipal Codes and Ordinances
Why look at older San Francisco municipal codes and ordinances? Laws change over time and sometimes an older law may apply to your situation. Also, since San Francisco has always been on the cutting edge of new legislation, from non-smoking laws to gay marriage, other cities often want to see how San Francisco did it first. Our historical municipal codes and ordinance collection fulfills specific research needs. Here are a few examples:
- My home was built in 1907. What was the building code in San Francisco at the time?
- I want to see the evolution of laws governing taxicabs in San Francisco.
- My city is considering legislation banning plastic bags. Can I see the original San Francisco ordinance on that?
Whether it is looking at local legislation from a specific time or looking at changes in San Francisco City Administration, we have the history you are looking for.
Table of Contents
Use the tabs at the top of the page, or this Table of Contents box to help navigate this guide.
More Guides from SFLL
- Last Updated May 22, 2017
The San Francisco Law Library needs your support. Read this guide to find out how you can help!
709 views this year
- Last Updated Feb 7, 2017
A listing of all of the old archived San Francisco Municipal Codes and Ordinances in our collection.
209 views this year
- Last Updated Apr 25, 2017
The San Francisco Law Library's guide to Intellectual Property.
204 views this year
- Last Updated May 15, 2017
A guide to the San Francisco Law Library's practice management resources for attorneys.
458 views this year
- Last Updated May 23, 2017
Discover all of the MCLE programs offered at the San Francisco Law Library!
1,074 views this year
- Last Updated May 24, 2017
A guide to upcoming and past free Lunchtime Programs at the San Francisco Law Library.
313 views this year
- Last Updated Feb 27, 2017
The SFLL's guide to the 2016 Elections - candidate information, an overview of the electoral process, dates of debates, and more!
126 views this year
- Last Updated Mar 10, 2016
The Law Library’s guide to Super Bowl Week in San Francisco and around the Bay Area
64 views this year